DGBC Annual Picnic
September 17, 2016, 8AM to 2PM (Lunch served around Noon)
Blackwell Forest Preserve West Shelter – Look for the Club Banner (MAP)
Rides, Food, Lawn Games, Desert Contest, FUN!
We will have a dessert contest (bring your favorite home-made desert and vie for prizes!) yard games (Croquet, Bocce Ball and a Slow Bike Race), and three ride options to choose from including a family-friendly trail ride right out of Blackwell.
- A-Group Road Ride (18-20 mph), led by Tim Smiles starting in Downers Grove. We roll at 7:25 am. from Starbucks café on Main St. of DG (Thunder and lightening cancel this ride). This ride will be a hilly 57-mile ride for A and B+ riders.
- B-Group Road Ride (16-18 mph), led by Scott Burstein starting in Downers Grove. Scott Burstein’s ride departs from the Downers Grove Library at 7:30 AM , then picks up additional riders at 8:15-8:25 AM in the Blackwell West Pavilion. You can join Scott’s ride at either point.
- Two Trail Rides at Blackwell, one longer and one shorter, departing from Blackwell at 10 AM(10-12 mph, crushed limestone, two distance options, great for families!)
Please RSVP below
Family Bike Ride, May 7th [Read more…]
Come say hello to old cycle friends at the Annual Meeting on January 31, 2016!
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Location: Emmetts on Main Street in Downers Grove
- Election of Officers
- Vote on By-Law changes
- A word from our current President
- Remarks by Melissa about upcoming Invitation and Charity Rides
- Program presentation by Ira David Levy and Pedal America
- Other miscellaneous announcements
- Adjourn to the bar!
Please RSVP below!