DGBC Advocacy Efforts
Downers Grove Bicycle Club and the Community
As part of its mission, the Downers Grove Bicycle Club is committed to working with government officials and other groups to improve the rights of cyclists. Part of this effort includes educating ourselves and others on safety initiatives, infrastructure planning, and advocating for positive change for vulnerable road users and communities. Below are a list of events, charitable activities and events, resources, and organizations that are supported by the DGBC membership and board. For more information on how you can get involved, reach out to email@example.com.
- Active Transportation Alliance works to make biking, walking and transit safe and easy options for getting around Chicagoland.
- DuPage Connects, long range transportation plan and crowdsource map.
- East Branch Trail works to support the East Branch DuPage River Trail (EBDRT)
- Go Pedal Power accepts donations of working kids bikes in Elmhurst.
- Illinois Prairie Path works to preserve, enhance, and advocate on behalf of the Illinois Prairie Path.
- League of American Bicyclists works to create safer roads, stronger communities, and a bicycle friendly America.
- Ride Illinois (formerly League of Illinois Bicyclists) is a nonprofit working statewide for better cycling conditions.
- Ride of Silence, honors bicyclists killed by motorists, promotes sharing the road, and provides awareness of bicycling safety.
- Share the Road License Plates to benefit Ride Illinois.
- Will County 2016 Bikeway Plan (17 MB pdf)